2.04.2020

Hollyhock Watercolor Birthday Card

Do you remember me saying that watercolor videos from Let's Make Art helped me get back my creative mojo?  This card was made using one of her tutorials.  I've found that I like to "practice paint" on a smaller scale.  Often I am able to turn them into other cards.  Sometimes I paint them onto a card on purpose, like this card I made for my mother-in-law.


 Unlike the original video, I added a background using all the colors on my paint pallette.  The effect I was going for was a mutued floral and sky background similar to a macro setting on my camera.  I finished the card off by stamping "Birthday Wishes" and adding a double layer Happy die cut of glimmer paper over black cardstock.

If you have been wanting to try watercolor, but unsure about starting a subscription, I highly recommend choosing one of their kits.  You can find one you would like to paint and order the box, then watch the video on youtube that goes along with that painting.  They also have lettering kits and kits for kids.  Clicky for the hollyhock I used to make this card.


No comments: