2.06.2020

Feminine Sympathy Cards - Lavender Watercolor Flowers

It's nice to have sympathy cards on hand that you can send when needed, but I struggle to do that.  I tend to make them as needed and spend the time making them to pray for the loved ones left behind.  That was the case for this card.  It actually started as a practice piece for watercoloring lavendar.  I thought it would look good on a card so I saved it.  When a young member of our Corvette Club lost her life, I knew this flower would become a card for her parents.


I then stamped a sympathy sentiment beside the flowers and die cut using my favorite wonky stitched dies.  I layered it with some purple paper and a thin strip to anchor the flowers.  The final step was to stamp an image on the back of the envelope.  We took this to a memorial service, so I wasn't worried about rain smearing the ink in the mail.  (A problem here in the Pacific Northwest)


This would make a sweet thinking of you card, Mother's Day, birthday or even friendship card.


This plaque was made by our friends at D&M Embroidery.  They also made vinyl clings for our club members to put on the hoods of our cars as we traveled together to her memorial.


Meghan and her dad were both part of our club.  When her dad & mom saw us pull into the parking lot and they read what was on our cars they started crying (again) and I got so choked up as her mom pointed our car out to Meghan's sister.  It was a special way to honor her life and her being in our club.


That's me on the left waiting for the driver's meeting to start.  Several of us wore purple and black.  I had the unique challenge of finding something nice to wear in my new smaller size.  Thankfully the dress I ordered from LuLaRoe fit perfectly.  You never know when ordering online.  (#girlproblems)




We met together in Olympia and traveled together to Kelso, WA where we met up with the other Corvette Club that Meghan & Don were members of.  Then, we went together to the memorial.  It was a sight that meant so much to the Evans family to see their Corvette families roll in to honor their daughter/sister.  At Corvettes de Olympia we really are family.  Corvette + Family = Love  



Corvettes wrapped around the bend in the road and across the overpass on the other side.



Presenting Don with the plaque, card and flowers.




The flowers and food were lovely.  They also had a slideshow of Meghan's life in pictures.



This was my first memorial service since my grandfather's funeral last Spring.  It was difficult because Meghan was so young.  In this picture I see the effects of grief around my eyes.  It was important to support Meghan's family and though it was hard, I was so glad we went.  We go for those who are left behind.



eta: Sentiment for the stamp set is Beautiful World by Gina K Designs and Catherine Pooler.

1 comment:

ednamburgess said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend. A beautiful card and I'm sure the family will appreciate it. Do you remember what the stamps were called and when they're from Like the flower and the verse. Edna Burgess