8.15.2013

Hello Cupcake

It's Thursday, so it's time for another Design Team challenge card.  This one is just yummy.


All month long at StampNation we are having photo inspiration challenges.  Here is the photo that inspired my card.  These cupcakes are almost too pretty to eat.


I decided to make my own cupcakes with plenty of texture.  First I punched out some scallop circle with Pistachio Pudding cardstock.  I ran these through the Square Lattice embossing folder, and layered them onto cardstock.  (Concord Crush-retired and Strawberry Slush)  From there I added some blossoms from the Boho Blossoms punch and the small scallop circle from Bitty Punch Pack.


 For the pink cupcake I layered several Pink Pirouette scallop circles in various sizes.  First I sponged the edges of each scallop with Strawberry Slush ink, then I wadded them each up into little balls so the circles would have some dimension and texture.  Next I placed a small Strawberry Slush scallop circle in the center.  Each flower is finished with a Basic Pearl. 


The Hello tag uses shadow stamping.   Basically I stamped "hello" from the Four You stamp set in Basic Grey then stamped it again using Smoky Slate.  The second time I stamped a little lower and to the right.  It's a fun easy technique to do.

The final touches are a couple of butterflies from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit and Strawberry Slush Stretch Ruffled Ribbon under the banner.   I would love to see how this picture inspires you.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Supplies:
Stamps: Four You
Paper/Ink: Sahara Sand Textured Cardstock (retired), Pink Pirouette, Concord Crush, Pacific Point, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate
Misc: Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Basic Pearls, Various Punches, Strawberry Slush Stretch Ruffled Ribbon, Square Lattice Embossing Folder


Strawberry Slush 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim
Strawberry Slush Stretch Ruffled Trim



Four You
Four You

Beautiful Wings Stampin' Up! Embosslits Die
Beautiful Wings Embosslits


No comments: