7.12.2019

Day 9 of 100 Days of Creativity ~God Bless USA

Our family loves the 4th of July.  Celebrating our nation with fireworks, food, friends and family is our idea of a good time!  I was super excited (and scared) to try painting this flag that is included in the July kit from Let's Make Art.  The tutorial made it much easier than I thought it would be. I have some Dr. PH Martin's bleed proof white to clean up some of the red/white stripes, but I'm debating trying this one again because I learned some things along the way, and it was actually MUCH easier than I expected it to be to do the stars.


Now for a couple of personal things.  Below is a picture of me on the 4th of July.  I bought this shirt because it says "Brave".  Let's be honest, that is not a word I would normally use to describe myself.  It's one of those qualities I am working towards.  Trying new things and going out of my comfort zone is part of that.




And now for the most exciting thing to happen last week... I got a new car!  Shiny passion red, just in time for the red-white-blue holiday.  Isn't she pretty?  Posting about my new car is another brave move for me.  In the past I wouldn't have posted because people might judge me for the money spent, type of vehicle, color of vehicle, cost, etc.  I've learned though, that people will have their opinions and it should not shape who I am nor what I do.  My husband surprised me by getting me this car.  (with my approval of course)  It is a gift from his heart to show me how much he appreciates me.  By sharing my joy over his gift, I show him how much I love it.


Sharing these pics on Facebook to let my family and friends know brought me a feeling of freedom.  Sure, some did judge me.  Who cares?  I have been blessed and it is ok to feel joy over those blessings.   It has been a rough couple of years for me, with so much loss.  Loved ones that have passed away and letting go of hopes & dreams that are over.  But, I also have loved & been loved deeply and that is what gives meaning to life.  A car, a house, a new stamp set, etc. don't bring meaning to life, they just make it a little more fun.  ;) 



So, I'm sharing these pictures here with you too.  Not to brag, but as a symbol of the freedom I have found this past year.   Holding tight to those things that matter, faith-family-friends and letting go of the things that don't.


What is holding you back?  What are you afraid to try?  Do other people's opinions keep you from pursuing your dreams, goals or even sharing your life with others?  I encourage you to break free of those things, go out on a limb, don't worry about making a mistake (especially in art) and keep trying until you get where you want to be.

Bless You!

Clicky for the US Flag Kit



No comments: