7.11.2019

Day 8 of 100 Days of Creativity

Did you know July is World Watercolor Month?  I sure didn't until I saw Sandy Allnock posting about it.  This one is right up my alley.  While I can't say I have watercolored everyday so far this month, I have been doing it as often as I can and have several pieces to share with you.  First is one of my favorites.   I've been subscribing to the Let's Make Art Watercolor box for a few months and I must admit I almost didn't do this one.  I loved Sarah's version, but I just didn't think it would be possible for me to paint it.   Boy am I glad I didn't let fear stop me from trying.  Afterall, it's just a sheet of paper if it doesn't turn out.  Easily recyclable. 


Mama Bear turned out to be my favorite watercolor yet!  It shows me how much progress I have made with practice and encourages me to see how much further I can go if I continue to paint and explore.

Mama Bear Kit from Let's Make Art

Are you interested in learning how to watercolor?  Sarah Cray makes it so easy!  The kits make it even easier, but you can follow along with her videos using supplies you already own.  Here is her Mama Bear tutorial.




Before I go, just one more word on practice.  You don't have to make a masterpiece everytime you create.  Spending a little time each day (or even week) practicing will make a difference in your skills.  What was at first foreign and awkward will become natural and effortless.  Below is my practice piece I shared with you earlier.  You can see how I turned some of those flowers into the wreath on Mama Bear's head.  The more you paint (or draw, or color or stitch) the better you become.







No comments: