5.25.2014

OWH Blog Hop Video

This weekend I am joining Operation Write Home for a Memorial Day Weekend blog hop.  If you missed yesterday's post, and the start of the hop please clicky to check out all the deets.

Memorial Day is the day those of us in the USA honor our military men and women who have given their lives while serving in our nation's armed forces.  It is a special day of remembrance and gratitude.   In my own small way I am honoring the memory of those who have fallen by creating cards for our active duty military stationed overseas. Thank you OWH for giving me an outlet to give.


Yesterday I promised to show you I created these inlaid stars on my card.  Today I have that video for you.  Enjoy!

***Note*** If you are reading this post in an email or reader, you may need to go to my blog to view the video below.






Isn't that a fun way to add shapes to your cards?  If you are pressed for time you can always just add your stars on top of your card and skip the inlaid die cutting step like I have done with the card below.




Want to see more?  I have an exclusive video going up on StampNation today showing you how I added vellum to my "Miss You Already" card without any adhesive showing.


StampNation is a membership site dedicated to teaching, inspiring and sharing a love for cards.  At $9 a month it's better than a couple of trips to Starbucks.  :)



See you in the forums!
StampNation members can clicky to go directly to the Vellum Video.


Supplies:Inlaid Die Cutting Card
Paper: Aboard (Authentique), Basic Black, Very Vanilla
StampsHip Notes (Stampin' UP!)
MiscBanner Framelits (Stampin' UP!), Stitched Stars (Lil' Inker Designs), Versamark, White Embossing Powder

Take 2 Card
Stamp: Year Round Sentiments (HeroArts)


2 comments:

Jean said...

Your cards are fabulous, Heather!

StampinPenguin said...

I want some of that magic music that makes you move really fast! ;-)