5.20.2014

Merry Monday Meets Stampin' Celebration

Working "out of season" is difficult for me.  It's one of the reasons I haven't submitted my work to magazine calls.  They want you to work 6-9 months ahead.  My focus is on Springtime flowers not snowflakes.  ;)

Yesterday as I made this card I was grateful for the Merry Monday challenges.  Even though I don't participate every week, I know that every time I do accept there challenge I am helping my holiday season become less stressful.  It really is a great help to me to have a Christmas themed challenge to get my Holiday mojo flowing "out of season".


The challenge this week is to use flowers on your Christmas card.

MM#109

I pulled out some of my favorite retired Holly Berry DSP and then made my own flower to add to it.  The cardstock was die cut use CASual Fri Dies 4 Petal.  To get the leaves I just cut the flower petals apart.  After I assembled the flower I used Copics to add some shadows.


You may recognize the sketch I used from Stampin' Celebration.  I used it on another card last week and said that my original plan was to use a sentiment.  Clicky if you missed that post.  I like the way using a sentiment here makes the background shine.

SC#79
The inside has another one of the die cut flowers and a sentiment from More Merry Messages (SU).  Sorry I forgot to take a picture of that.  There is still plenty of time to enter both of these challenges.   ;)   I hope to see your creations soon.

Stampin' Supplies

Stamps: Joy to the World (SU)
Ink: Versamark, Copic R29, Copic YG63
Paper: Chocolate Chip (SU), Holly Berry DSP (Retired-SU), Real Red, Very Vanilla
Misc: Early Espresso Embossing Powder, Nuetrals Candy Dots (SU), 4 Petal Die (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps),  Stitched Scallop Die (Lil' Inker Designs)








10 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is such a pretty flower to complement the pretty sentiment! Thanks, Heather, for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Granmargaret said...

ovely card. I saw it on Merry Monday

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, what sweet paper and a pretty flower. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Kristie Goulet said...

Love how you used your paper Heather and the sweet die cut flower. ;)

Karren said...

I love that pretty and delicate looking flower you've used on your gorgeous card, Heather! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the flower you made and pretty papers. Great combination.

Karen Davis said...

Heather the DP you have used is so pretty, I love the colours you have used and the design of your card.

Unknown said...

Love your card Heather! I too find it hard to work ahead like that... with scrapbooking I am usually behind though, so I guess I still do work "out of season"!

Krista said...

Good for you to go Christmas in May! I love your take on the sketch!

hollybeary creations said...

This came out great I love that DSP!!!