5.10.2014

Sew Saturday

The beautiful weather we have been having has really been putting a cramp in my sewing time.   Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining.   It's been wonderful to be outside when the sun shines.    We did have a few wet days at the end of the week, so I worked a bit on my quilt projects.

First up was to sew the binding onto my jean quilt.   I wanted to get this done so that I can hold it in my lap and finish it by hand at my son's baseball games.  They play in the cold, wind and rain.  It will be so nice to have this warm quilt on my lap for the rest of the season.


After the binding was machine sewn on one side I moved back to my Modern Metallic quilt.  As you can probably see I am having struggles with this one.  Our guild was given small samples of this fabric, and I have discovered that I did not get enough to create the design I wanted to.  :(   Here is one of the designs I was playing with.  Once this fabric goes on sale to the pulic I might just buy more to make this quilt I have a vision for.    For now, I think I am going to go back to the drawing board.

This last project is something I just worked on last night while "watching" TV with the family.  It was my first time doing anything like this.  Eventually it will go on a name tag for our guild meetings.

Have I mentioned I like having something to do with my hands while watching TV or movies?  It's difficult for me to just sit and watch. My hands need to stay busy.   That is probably why I have been enjoying hand-sewing on my binding.

All in all this month is going well for my sewing goals.  I do have a plan for my modern mettalic quilt.  My jeans rag quilt and customized name tag are bothwell under way. How are you doing with your sewing goals?

No comments: