5.01.2014

Nautical Stampin' Celebration

It's a new month and that means it's time for a new challenge at Stampin' Celebration!  For May we have a fabulous photo collage to inspire you.


I loved all the nautical looks and colors.  What I was drawn to create was a card using these colors with the wall color in the picture on the left as my background.


This theme is right on trend.  I've been seeing nautical cards all over the internet as we approach Father's Day.   Last weekend at the stamping retreat I attended one of my dear "sistahs" overheard me say I was working on a nautical card and she brought me over this sweet little anchor charm.   Thank you Inky Fingers (aka Debbie) for the perfect charm for my card.



Just before I made this card for the design team at Stampin' Celebration I had the chance to preview the new Cards 4 Him Online card class.   It's chock full of inspiration for masculine cards.  I like the sketch on one of the cards so much that I changed my original plan and adapted their sketch to make my card.

Click picture to learn more.
Be sure to scroll down for the blog hop with Sandy Allnock, StampNations Dream Team and the Crew from Reverse Confetti.  There are PRIZES!  :)  I look forward to seeing what you will make with the photo collage inspiration.  My wheels are already turning for another card.

Clicky to find out more about the Cards 4 Him Online Class.
Clicky to go to yesterday's post and join the blog hop.
Clicky to go to Stampin' Celebration and join in the challenge!


Tomorrow I promise to work on a few Mother's Day cards for those of us who still need ideas for the special moms in our lives.

Stamps: The Open Sea (SU), Knotty (Avery Elle)
Paper: Aboard (Authentique), Sahara Sand (SU)
Misc: Linen Thread, Circle Framelits, 2 1/2" Punch

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the little rope across the card. Makes it seem so authentic!

Kim In Texas said...

This would be the perfect card for my dear husband. Any idea where I can get the anchor from? Maybe i missed it.

Thanks Kim

Heather North said...

Sorry, Kim, I don't know. Debbie (aka Inky Fingers) gave it to me. I'll ask her where she got them for you.

Kristie Goulet said...

Love that little anchor! Great card!!!