5.22.2014

Surprise, Surpise

Yesterday I was busy in my craft room working on cards for upcoming challenges.  My son came in while I was working on my fourth card and said, "what happened mom?  Your room was clean." Yes, it was, but I find that while I am in the midst of a multiple card inspiration session the mess gets a bit out of control.   Here is picture proof that I do try to clean up once in awhile.


To be honest, I do my best creating when I walk into the room and my desk is cleared.  I've been struggling for about 6 months now to have a place to put everything away.  It's an ongoing struggle for me as I expand my creative supplies.  Now that I have a place for 85% of my items I am finding it much easier to clean up as soon as I finish a card or finish for the day.


If you have tips for storage of stamping supplies, I would love to hear them!  Do you create better with a messy or clean space?  I must admit that it does get super messy as I am creating.  I like to have everything within reach, and I don't want to stop the creative flow to put things away.


In Stampin' UP! news... it's getting very close to the current catalog retiring and the new catalog coming out.  If you are a customer of mine your 2014-2015 Stampin' UP! annual catalog should be hitting your mailbox in the next couple of weeks.  :)  To say goodbye with a bang, SU is having a blowout sale on some of its retiring items. Up to50% while supplies last.  Clicky to check it out, if you haven't already, and be sure to order before your favorite items sell out.  <gasp>



Last, but not least for today, is a sneak peek at the design team cards for the new StampNation Challenge that just went live.  It's a sketch challenge, but every last one of us ended up making a Clean & Simple card.  Even me!  I absolutely love the card I made.   Here is another peek.


Perhaps, I'm biased, but I think it turned out lovely.  <3   If you are a StampNation member be sure to head on over to the Challenge forum to see the full card and all the other cards created by the Dream Team.  Then enter your own creation in the challenge.  We love it when you share your work!

Not yet a member?  What in the world are you waiting for?  It's seriously addictive, clean fun.



No comments: