5.11.2012

You're a Gem of a Mom ~ Try Stamping...

On Mother's Day is nice to remember some of the moms in your life who inspire and encourage you.  Do you have friends that are awesome moms, is there a co-worker you look up to for advice, is there a lady in your church that offers a comforting hug each time you see her?  Perhaps you could give these ladies in your life a card.  It doesn't even have to be on Mother's Day.  Think about your friend's mom that has been like a mother to your.  Remember your aunts and grandmas.  Perhaps you could give a card to your daughter or daughter in law letting them know how proud you are of the mothers they have become. 


I found a new challenge blog... Try Stamping on Tuesday.  I thought this week's challenge would be perfect for a Mother's Day card for my friend.  <3  Turns out, I like this better than both of the cards I already sent out to my mom and mother in law. 

Try Stamping on Tuesday

One of the things I love about this card is that the background paper takes center stage.  Even if you don't do stamping, you can make this card.  Leave the bottom blank, like the sample or use title stickers, abc stickers or even hand write a sentiment if you choose.

To get a wider ribbon, I just did 2 rows of the ruffled ribbon.  The Marina Mist ribbon you see running down the center was an afterthought.  I had finished the card and was attempting to clean off my craft space when I saw that piece of ribbon and decided to lay it across the Blushing Bride ribbons.  I love how it looks! 

Even the inside is decorated.  Originally I was going to take the You're A Gem sentiment and have it hanging from the ribbon like a tag, but I changed my mind and decided to put it on the inside of the card.  The background flower was stamped from Mixed Bunch with Blushing Bride ink.

I hope my friend likes this card.  If not she can send it back to me and I'll keep it.  :) 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  Do you want to have the new 2012-2013 Stampin' UP! catalog sent to your door for FREE?  Simply place an order, of at least $25,  through my Stampin' UP store by the end of the month and I'll send you a catalog as soon as they are released.  :)


Beautiful Wings Stampin' Up! Embosslits Die - by Stampin' Up!
Beautiful Wings Embosslit

Beau Château Designer Series Paper - by Stampin' Up!
Beau Chateau DSP

Marina Mist 1/8 Inch Taffeta Ribbon - by Stampin' Up!
Marina Mist 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon

You're a Gem - Clear-Mount Stamp - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
You're A Gem
Retiring

Mixed Bunch - Clear-Mount Stamp
Mixed Bunch

Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Teeny Tiny Wishes
Basic Pearls Jewel Accents - by Stampin' Up!
Basic Pearls

2 comments:

Deb said...

Love what you did with the challenge. Very pretty card. Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin on Tuesday

Simple homemade living said...

Your card is so pretty. The colours are stunning. Thank you for taking part in TSOT x x