5.10.2012

Daughters & Mothers ~ Mojo 240e

Remember when you were little and you would make mom a present for Mother's Day at school? Mom always said it was the best present because it came from your hands & your heart. <3 Why not make a card for your mom this week that comes from your heart. Sunday is Mother's Day, so my cards for the rest of the week are cards that I'm sure any mom would love to receive. 

First up is the card I made for my mom.  When I first saw this stamp set I knew I needed to get it to make a card for my mum.  Unfortunately it was retired before I purchased it.  (I didn't know that when a mini catalog ends those stamp sets in it can be gone FOREVER!  Yikes!)  Luckily my friend knew how much I wanted it and she saved it for me. 

For some reason this card took a long time to make, even though I used a sketch and I had a basic idea of what I wanted to make.


Somehow I got stuck on the blushing bride paper and the ribbon.  All the ribbon I had was either the wrong shade or so washed out that you couldn't see it against the light paper.  Finally I went really old school and pulled out some retired ribbon.  It was perfect! 

I hope mom will like it and it will remind her of when I was a little girl.  (Love you mom!)

To get the "Happy Mother's Day" from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set to fit in a circle, I used my stamp-a-majig and a Night of Navy marker to color the words one at a time.   The stamp-a-majig helped me line it up perfectly.  :)

You still have time to make a card for your mom, or some of the mothers & daughters you have in your life.  I'm sure she/they will be glad you did.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  I'm shipping out the new catalog soon.  If you would like a FREE copy, just place any order of at least $25 in my Stampin' UP! store

Antique Brads - by Stampin' Up!
Antique Brads

Beautiful Wings Stampin' Up! Embosslits Die - by Stampin' Up!
Beautiful Wings Embosslit

Pocketful Of Posies Designer Series Paper - by Stampin' Up!
Pocketful of Posies DSP

Twitterpated Designer Series Paper
Twitterpated DSP

Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Teeny Tiny Wishes

No comments: