12.30.2011

Easy Events

When I first saw this technique of wrapping bakers twine around the corners of cardstock that had been punch with a corner ticket punch, I wanted to buy one of those punches.  Of course, I kept forgetting to order the punch. Finally I remembered to order it, and when I logged onto the SU demonstrator website I saw a really cute card using this technique and a strip of Wild Wasabi Striped Grograin Ribbon.  I was going to copy it exactly, but I don't have the Wild Wasabi (green) Striped Grograin Ribbon.  (Guess what is going on my next order.  :)

In true creative fashion, I improvised.  I used some paper that had the wild wasabi color in and cut it into a strip, and tied a knot around the top.   Then I popped my focal image using dimensionals.  Super quick and easy, but it looks like a lot of work.


To create the focal image I stamped the image in Early Espresso onto Whisper White cardstock.  I used Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo and Early Espresso markers along with a blender pen to color in the image.  I layered the White cardstock onto Wild Wasabi cardstock, then added another Whisper White Mat, and finally cut a Wild Wasabi mat and punched the corners together using my new Ticket Corner Punch.  Yes, that is 4 layers!  (Image, Green, White, Green)  The effect is so worth it though! 

Next I wrapped White Bakers Twine around all four sides and popped up the image using dimensionals.  If I ever figure out how to get my Tripod to hold my camera without falling over I'll film a video on how to do this.
Easy Events - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Easy Event Clear Mount

Ticket Corner Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Ticket Corner Punch 
Holly Berry Bouquet Specialty Designer Series Paper - by Stampin' Up!
Holly Berry DSP


No comments: