12.03.2011

Merry Christmas Sneak Peek

Tomorrow I will be showing you a card I made as a guest designer for Joan's Daily Stampede December Challenge, but today I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a second card I made using the sketch from her challenge as my inspiration. (I'm delaying posting until after midnight Joan's time, so I don't break the rules.  I want to be asked to design for her again.  :)

 I turned the sketch on it's side and changed all the colors to make a Christmas card. 


The second picture shows a close up of some of the details.  I used clear embossing powder to make the snowflake pattern you see popping out behind the image of the house.  I tried to use my white gel pen to make the snow stand out on the roof, but my gel pen was not cooperating.  (I suppose that is what happens when you don't use it for 8+ months...time for a new one)  That's when I pulled out my glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds fine glitter to make the sparkle.



I'll post the picture and details of the actual challenge after it goes live on Joan's website, so check back.  Now for the important decision, who should I send this Christmas card to?   It looks pretty good on my dining room table until I decide.

Sandi has asked for dimensions on this card, and I thought I would share them here.  Basically I stamped the main image, matted that, and then played around with the other layers until it looked right.  You can custom this to match any stamps/paper you have, but here is mine if you would like to copy it exactly...

Dimensions:Card  (A2) 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
Base (Floral Design Paper): 5 1/4 x 4
Very Vanilla (Stamped Image) 3 1/2 x 2 1/2,  Early Espresso Mat: 3 3/4 x 2 3/4
Early Espresso with clear embossed snowflakes: 4 1/2 x 2
Stripe Layer: 3 3/4 x 1 3/4, Early Espresso Mat: 3 7/8 x 1 7/8  *tip* I brought the striped layer down so that it was in line with the Base layer, and the early espresso mat kind-of melts into that background card layer. 

3 comments:

Joan Robertson said...

Gorgeous, Heather! I am kicking myself for not ordering this set. It works well with the sketch. thanks for playing!! :-)

sandi said...

Love this card! Can we get the measurements? Would love to recreate it but with a little of my own twist. Thank you for sharing.

Heather North said...

Sure, Sandi. I'll put them on the blog. I basically stamped the image, cut it out, and based the rest of the card on that mat.