12.11.2011

Blessings of Service

Making cards has always been a challenge for me.  Scrapbooking comes so much easier for some reason, but I have found that practice is making it easier.  One of the blessings of making cards is that when I find a design I love it is easy to recreate it and customize it to the person I am making it for.  That is the case with this card.  (see "backstory" below for more details) I truly love this style of card using the Scallop Square die in my Cuttlebug. 


 Inside of the card with a custom made envelope.    (You always do the nicest things)


To make this card, cut a piece of paper to 4 1/2 in" by 8 1/2" and fold the paper in half.  Next place the  card onto the scallop square die, being sure that the folded edge of cardstock is below the scallops and the other three sides of cardstock covered the scallop edges. 

 Scallop Square Die  (that hole in the center comes in handy, you just poke your finger through after you run your die through the machine and your cut paper pops right out!)

Can you see how I lined up the folded card stock?  I took this picture with green paper so you can see it, but the original card was done in black cardstock. 

Picture below shows how the folded edge is just below where the die will cut.  This way you keep your folded edge.  Run through your die cutting machine (I have a cuttlebug). 

Next layer a piece of green cardstock, another of white, and a 3rd layer of green cardstock. The top layer is stamped with versamark and heat embossed with Black Embossing Powder.
Then take versamark and stamp several "thank you stamps" on the cardfront to add a thankful background.
For an added touch, punch each of the corners with a ticket corner punch and wrap a 5" piece of ribbon with a knot in the middle around the front. 

Backstory-  My son received a HUGE blessing at youth group a couple of weeks ago.  The youth pastor wanted to honor the kids for their service as a way to show them that God honors their service to/for Him.  As part of that evening they gave away a couple of prizes.  Our son, Michael, was chosen to receive a BRAND NEW XBOX 360!!!!  I was blown away!  He definitely wanted to express his thanks, so I asked him how he wanted this thank you card designed.  He said black, white and green because those are the XBox color.  The card above is what I came up with.  Thank you Stephen and LeeAnn Franklin for your service to our kids and thank you Oakville Assembly for placing such a high priority on our youth.

No comments: