1.28.2020

You're Not Old Masculine Birthday Card

Here is another card made from scraps on messy desk.  I had made the background some time ago, but never turned it into a card. 


It's been awhile since I made the background, but I think I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers in greens & blues on bristol cardstock (or perhaps watercolor paper), then misted with water to get the colors running.  After it was completely dry I used Versafine black onyx ink to stamp circles, and other images all over the piece.  Some overlapped, others didn't.   I like to use clear embossing powder on versafine black and heat set because if I don't, I tend to smear the ink.  

A simple run through the die cut machine with my wonky stitched rectangle dies and I was off to the races.  I plopped it onto a black cardbase and added another scrap with the cheeky sentiment embossed in white.  I'm pretty sure both of the stamp sets I used have been retired,  but you could recreate it with whatever circle, star, heart or music note images you have. 




2 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh, that is funny. I'll be using that quip, LOL!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Fun card, Heather! I love the background!