1.27.2020

Bring on the Cake Cupcake Card

When getting back into cardmaking I started by trying to clean up my stamp space.  The problem was I kept finding scraps and bits that I wanted to turn into cards... so I did.  This was one of those cards.  


 I had stamped the cupcake a couple of times wanting to color it, but never got it colored or turned into a card.  I decided to try out some inktense watercolor pencils.  If you've never worked with inktense, I highly recommend them.  You can use them just like colored pencils, but the magic happens when you add water.  It flows and smooths out.  Once it dries, it's permanent.  To get lighter shades, just use light pressure and extra water.   For darker areas use more pressure when laying down color and less water. 

To ground the cupcake, I used the ink still on my paintbrush and swiped it under the wrapper.

For the sentiment I used glitter gel pen.  It just dawned on me that my sentiment says "cake", but the image is a cupcake.  Close enough, right?

To finish the card I die cut both pieces with my wonky stitched dies and layered them on some patterned paper from an old paper pack.  I need to use up some of my patterned paper before I can justify buying anymore.  Then I added some pink gems to the frosting and some glossy accents to the cherry on top. 

Some of the products I used are no longer available, but I tried links for items that are close substitutes in case you want to make something similar.




No comments: