1.21.2020

Large Paper Flowers and Ladies Luncheon

Last Spring we had our annual ladies luncheon at Crossroads Church.  During the luncheon they have drawings for gifts that have been donated.  There were over 20 items/baskets/gift certificates donated and given away.  I personally donated a couple of baskets of Rodan + Fields skincare and a gift certificate to pamper the ladies.  It was fun to put these together knowing they would bless at least 3 women.


Every year the women do a fabulous job of making over the church into a feminine tea party.  Each table is decorated by one of the ladies in the church with her personal dishes and a touch of love.  I was lucky enough to sit at Gayle's table with my dear friend Debra (who bought my ticket to the luncheon). 


Something about having a place prepared for you makes you feel so special.  I need to remember that.


At first I wasn't planning on going.  It took place the weekend after my grandpa's funeral.  Yes, the losses unfortunately didn't stop in 2017.  I lost 2 more people in 2019.  My grandma (mom's mom) passed away just a couple of days before my birthday in 2017 and my grandpa's (dad's dad) funeral was the day before my birthday 2 years later.    But, I digress.  Debra bought me a ticket and said, "no pressure, but if you want to go I will be by your side".  Something about her gesture stirred something in me and I decided to go with her.  I'm so glad I did.  It was the love of a friend that understood sometimes we need each other and sometimes we need to be alone and either way she was there for me for what I needed.  So many times in the past I have felt pressured to "feel better" in front of my friends so that I don't bring them down or make them feel helpless.  It is exhausting sometimes to put on that "happy face".  When you can find a friend that you can be real with, to have laughter through tears with, you have found a treasure!



The wall in the church foyer (entry way) was decorated with these adorable HUGE paper flowers. I'm not entirely sure why Deb and I holding our plates???    Perhaps we were waiting in line for our food and didn't know what to do with the plates we brought with us, or maybe someone asked to see our plates just before they took the picture.  Each table had different place settings afterall. Either way, aren't we cute though? lol



I don't know who made these flowers, but I LOVE them.  Especially this plum purple one.  Somebody went to a lot of work!  It gives me an idea of what to do with some of that paper I have collecting dust in my scrapbooking collection.  ;) 



I took lots of pictures because I found inspiration everywhere that day.  The napkins look like beautiful watercolor.  The cookies need to become a future card.  This day was another jumpstart to my creativity.  At the end of the day I also won 2 of the gifts that were being given away.  The one I was most excited about was a free paint session for 2 at Board & Brush in Olympia, WA.  My pastor's wife, Lisa, and I both wanted that one badly.  When I won, I gave her the other ticket and said, "let's go together if we can make our schedules work."  Another blessing to come out of that day.  (I'll share pics of our creations from that tomorrow.)


Here's a picture of Lisa and her beautiful daughter at the sign-in table.  There were flowers everywhere because we ladies tend to like flowers.  


Oh, and I got brave enough to take a selfie with my favorite flower in the background.  It turned out so good, I made it my profile picture!


No comments: