8.26.2014

Hello Fall

Honestly, it is still summer here.  This is the hottest, driest summer we have had since we moved up to  Washington 7 years ago.  I'm soooooooooo ready for my favorite season to start.  I love everything about Fall from the crisp mornings, to the afternoon sun, from the awesome display of leaves to falling rain.


Last weekend while I was stuck inside stamping with Max in our air conditioned dining room, I created this card using new products from the upcoming Stampin' UP! Holiday catalog.

I played around with one of the settings in Photoshop while editing my photo and found a way for the crisp WHITE to show up.  Unfortunately it made my sand sequins turn out looking liking pumpkin orange.  Fortunately, that color works for this fall card.  :)   Honestly, I wanted to use Espresso sequins, but apparently I don't have those ones...yet.

CTS#89

I was inspired by 2 challenges for this card. CAS(E) this Sketch and Pretty Pink Posh's Cutting Edge Challenge.

cuttingedge
PPP Blog Hop2


I felt a bit guilty that Friday's post did not feature any PPP.   (shocking, I know, because I rarely make a card without sequins lately)  Although, I could have used her stitched rectangle die for both of these cards, it was out of stock when I went to order it.  I placed an order today for more of her stitched dies from Ellen Hutson and I can hardly wait for them to get here.  :)

Stamping Supplies:
Stamps: For All Things (SU)
Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink: Hello Honey (SU), Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: 4mm Sand Sequins (PPP) (EH), Stitched Rectangles (LID), but you could use Stitched Duos 2 (PPP) (EH)

8 comments:

Alanna said...

This is so pretty. Great stamps.

Lauren Moore said...

This is just gorgeous- I love it!

Sally said...

Pretty, simple, and I love the stamp and colors~ Not sure what you were doing in PhotoShop. Maybe you can try to tell me. :) I'm behind on my blog reading.

bossco said...

Love the card! And I would like to know what LID is, the maker of Stitched Rectangles. Can you tell me--anyone? anyone?

Heather North said...

Sorry, bossco, LID is my shorthand for Lil' Inker Designs. Do a quick google search and you should be able to find them. I love their dies!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

This makes me ready for fall! So pretty!

donna mikasa said...

Love the autumnal theme and colors!