3.01.2012

Heard You Were Sick

My poor son has been sick all week.  After going all this school year without being absent, he is now on his 4th day home sick.   Poor baby.  He's missed his first baseball practice, will miss his second tonight and his band concert.  He's ready to be WELL! 

I took him to the doctor and he has strep throat along with a viral infection.  Along with his chicken soup for lunch I will be giving him this card I made especially for him.


As you can see, it is a small card.  3x3 to be exact.  Our dog is pretty sure something is wrong.  Not only is there a lot of coughing going on in his house, but there's a bunch of  "cold, white stuff" in his yard again.   Usually his boy goes out and plays in the white stuff with him, but not this week.


I'm usually not good at cutting out.... anything... unless I have a punch or straight cutter.  My mother in law is AWESOME at cutting out anything by hand.  She's so talented, and able to cut the most intricate little pieces.  I didn't inherit her genes.  Go figure.  ;)  This wasn't too difficult though, and I really wanted to try and see if I could do it.  What do you think Nana?  Did I do okay?
First I stamped the image onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock, then I stamped it again on a piece of Pretty in Pink DSP.  I cut out the pink image, then I cut out the center of the band-aid in the the white and used Snail Adhesive to adhere it to my pink band aid.  My new Paper Snips worked great!   (p.s. I used the Word Window punch to punch out the sentiment "get well soon")


The front of the card was colored in using the following markers: Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red, Tempting Turquoise and Pool Party, with just a bit of Daffodil Delight for the name tag. 

It's a simple card, but I hope it makes my "little" guy feel better. 


P.S.  he is now 60 1/2" tall, just 2" shorter than me!  Yikes!!!  Perhaps I should have married a shorter man, like my BFF suggested.  LOL)


P.P.S.  This stamp set is one I got for free last year during Sale-A-Bration.  Today was the first day I used  these images.  Shame on me.  They are darling!  I'm pretty sure the stamp set is retired.  If you want a "Get Well" type stamp you might try Turtle & Co, Easy Events, Friends Fur Ever or even Word Play.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

No comments: