3.25.2012

12 Months of Christmas 2-25-12

My 12 months of Christmas continues.  In case you are new to my blog, each month on the 25th I post the Christmas cards I made the previous month.  I figure if I make 4-10 cards each month on (or near) the 25th, then by the time December rolls around I will be well on my way to having a handmade Christmas card to send to each person on my Christmas list.

My plan is to film videos on most of these cards and show them to you in late Novemeber and early December so you can make them too.  If you want to get a head start on your Christmas cardmaking, feel free to draw some inspiration from my blog.  :)

Here is February's card. As you can hopefully see it uses a Z-fold.


It was hard to decide which colors to use, so I experimented with a couple.  Each card is a little different, but that is the beauty of handmade creations.

Here is the card open.

Whisper White as the base.

Another view of this interesting fold. Sorry about the glare, we actually had SUN when I took these pictures.  :)  A rare thing in the Pacific Northwest.

For my Cherry Cobbler card bases I added a journal panel so I could write a message

It will be so much easier to film a video than to type out how to make this card, so I think I will.  Think outside the box, and I'm sure you can find a stamp set in your stash to use for this fun Z-Fold card.

Card Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Christmas Lodge, Come to Bethlehem
Paper: Cherry Cobbler Textured Cardstock, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Letters to Santa Designer Series Paper
Misc. Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine, Early Espresso Bakers Twine, Simply Scored Tool

Come To Bethlehem - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Come to Behtlehem
Letters To Santa Designer Series Paper - by Stampin' Up!
Letters to Santa DSP
Simply Scored - by Stampin' Up!
Simply Scored
Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine - by Stampin' Up!
Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine
Early Espresso Bakers Twine - by Stampin' Up!
Early Espresso Bakers Twine
Creative Blessings,
Heather North

No comments: