5.06.2013

Spring Occasions Swap ~ Just Because

Back in February I was in a Spring swap.  The swap hostess had some serious family emergencies to take care of, so getting our swaps back was delayed.  A completely understandable reason to wait for our swaps.   When the package finally arrived I knew it was worth the wait.  Oh my!  These ladies are so talented.  I'll show you their pictures later this week, but for today, here is mine. 


I ended up with 2 designs for this card.  The original one used the Pool Party ribbon available during Sale-A-Bration, but I ran out of it and didn't have enough time to get more before the swap was due.


When the SAB ribbon ran out I pulled out my Pool Party Seam Binding and came up with a plan B for the rest of the swap cards.


This time I ruffled the ribbon and tied a bow instead of a knot.  I also changed the placement of my stamped image from Collage Curios. 


I filmed a video on how to mass produce these cards, but I filmed the video late at night and it took about 45 minutes.  That's a LOT of editing to get it down below 15 minutes for YouTube.  I did try, but I wasn't successful.   At this point I am thinking about starting over with a new video.  :) 



Swaps are so much fun.  If you ever have a chance to do one, you should give it a try.  I always learn something in the process and waiting for that package to arrive with your swap cards is half the fun.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Collage Curious; Vintage Verses (SAB-Retired)
Paper: More Amore DSP; Primrose Petals Core'dinations Cardstock
Misc: Pool Party Seam Binding; Pool Party SAB Ribbon (Retired); Honeycomb Embossing Folder; Punches

More Amore Designer Series Paper
More Amore DSP


Collage Curios Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Collage Curios

Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Honeycomb Embossing Folder

Primrose Petals Core'dinations Card Stock
Primrose Petals
Core'dinations Cardstock




No comments: