5.02.2013

May Day ~ Mother's Day



Yesterday was May Day.  Honestly, I don't know very much about May Day, but I do know that when I came home from the Modern Quilt Guild meeting last night there was this beautiful bouquet of flowers on the table.  Everyone was asleep, so I wasn't able to find out who gave them to us, but I have my suspicions.



Thank you my little May Day friend, these flowers brightened my day.  :)  I'm inspired to make another card.  Perhaps similar to the design team Mother's Day card I made for this weeks challenge at StampNation. 


This is my first oval card.  I used the ovals framelits to create my card.  If you would like me to show you how, just leave a comment below letting me know and I will film a video for you.  :)

The teacup planter is stamped, then fussy cut out.  The flowers were colored using ink and a sponge dauber.  The doily was sponged with Crumb Cake ink to tone it down a bit before scrunching and placing behind the smaller oval.


Most of the flowers are not from SU.  They are just flowers in my stash.  I added basic pearls to the yellow and blue flowers.  The pink flowers have a white center created with the bitty punch pack and basic rhinestones. 


I think I need to make another card like this one for my sweet neighbor thanking her for the flowers.  Or is the May Day delivery supposed to stay a secret?  

Creative Blessings,
Heather North



Wonderful Mother Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Wonderful Mother
WSL - Retiring


Tea Shoppe - Clear-Mount Stamp
Tea Shoppe
WSL - Retiring


Ovals Collection Framelits Dies
Oval Framelits




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather your oval card is beautiful.
Pplease make a video of how you made it, when you get time

Nola

Cherie said...

What a beautiful card! Would love to see a video with your techniques for this! Tks!

Anonymous said...


Heather,

This card is just awesome! Would you please make a video of this card as I JUST LOVE IT!!! All of your cards are super. I saw a video from Connie Stewart's blog of yours and just subscribed to your blog today.
FUN!!!

Heather North said...

I will make a video for you guys showing how to use the oval Framelits. Right now I have a bit of a cold or allergies, so it will have to wait until next week probably. Thank you for all the kind comments.