5.27.2013

Memorial Day Thanks

Today we Americans honor and remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our great nation.  In honor of those who have served I have made today's card.  Thank you for serving.  Thank you for giving up your loved one so we can be free.  Thank You!


I made this card for OWH (Operation Write Home).  It will either be used to write an "any hero" message to our troops or it will go in the box for them to send out.  Either way would work.  I went to the OWH website to see if there was anything special going on this weekend and found the following picture that pierced my heart.


The picture says it all.  I did a google search for Memorial Day images.  There are some fabulous ones out there.  Here are just a couple that I wanted to share with you.




Now back to my card.  While making this card I thought about our troops and prayed for those who are serving, thankful for all who have served and said a prayer for those who have lost loved ones in service.  I never forget the spouses, children and parents who are on the homefront.  Their sacrifice is often just as great. 


My card is a simple flag.  I used some paper that is about to retire and ran it through the Big Shot with the Top Note Die.  Next I embossed the red DSP with the Stripes Embossing Folder. I then took a small rectangle of blue paper and ran it through just the corner of the Top Note Die.  I used some snail to adhere the two patterned papers together.  Add a banner and you are done.  :)


What will you be doing this Memorial Day?  Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy your day and the freedom you have.  Take a moment or two to remember those who have died.  Perhaps make a card for someone who is serving, or a quilt for the wounded or a scrapbook page to preserve your family's memories.  Enjoy your campout and smores by the fire.  Hit the stores for some super sales.  Spend time with your family or even just enjoy a nap!   Enjoy this great nation that was bought at a very high price.

One more time I want to say thank you to our nation's heroes!  You are not forgotten!!!

Creative Blessings, 
Heather North


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Curly Cute (retiring May 30th)
Paper: Comfort Cafe DSP(retiring), Fan Fair DSP (retiring), Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla
Ink: Midnight Muse
Misc.: Top Note Die, Stripes Embossing Folder


Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die - by Stampin' Up!
Stripes Embossing Folder
Top Note Stampin' Up! Bigz Die - by Stampin' Up!
Top Note Die


Curly Cute - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Curly Cute

No comments: