5.29.2013

Bye Bye Baja Breeze

Of all the things retiring from the old catalog I think I am going to miss Baja Breeze the most.  It's such a lovely color.  I can't believe it will be gone in a few short days.  :'(   Thankfully I have the ink pad, a re-inker and a package of cardstock to tide me over for awhile.  I'm also pretty excited about the new colors SU is releasing.  Especially that my favorite in-colors, Wisteria Wonder and Pool Party along with Blushing Bride, are now a part of our core color collection.  I really do like color.

To say goodbye to this color I made it the focus of my card. 


The Tea Shoppe stamp set I used is retiring too.   I stamped it with Baja  Breeze then "fussy" cut it out.  It wasn't too hard to cut, but I would love to have a tea cup framelit.  My favorite little detail on this card is the stamp image "tea for two me & you" that I stamped upside down onto a doily.  It looks like steam coming out of the cup.


Tea Shoppe - Clear-Mount Stamp
Tea Shoppe

To help the "steam" show up better I punched out a 2 1/2" circle of white cardstock and placed it behind the doily.


The Fancy Fan embossing really shows up well in the picture above.   It's all the little details of this card that I love. The other stamp set I used was from the "Best of Love" stamp set. 


Now comes the truly hard part.  Do I send this beauty to my mom or my grandma?  I think I will go make another one and send one to each.  :)



What are you going to miss from the current catalog?  What are you excited to get from the new catalog?  Will you be going on a shopping spree this weekend to get some from both? 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North



Whisper White 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon




Fancy Fan Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Fancy Fan Embossing Folder

Baja Breeze Classic Stampin' Pad
Baja Breeze Ink


Best Of Love Stamp Set
Best of Love




1 comment:

Melissa said...

Beautiful card, and it actually made me think of my mom, as she is my favorite person to go out to tea with :)