3.29.2013

Colorful Butterfly ~ Video

Several months ago I sent my Father in law a card while he was recovering from surgery.  (Click here to see that card.)  He sent me the sweetest note and asked how I made the colorful butterfly on his card.   It's taken me awhile to get the video filmed and put up on the blog.  I was saving it for Spring.  Finally I am able to show all of you how I made the butterflies.  It's very easy and in the video I show you two different ways it can be done.  Hope this helps you Papa Marty and Nana Joanie. 


I've used different colors on today's card from the one I sent Papa Marty.  This card is for a friend who loves lilac almost as much as I do. 



Don't you love how folding the wings before adhering the butterflies makes them look like they are about to take flight? 


If you are viewing this post in an email or reader you may need to go to my blog to watch the video below.  Simply click on the post title at the top (Colorful Butterfly...) to go to my blog and watch. 


Please let me know if you have any questions.  This technique is such a pretty one, and once you learn it, it's pretty easy to recreate. 

For Papa Marty's card I tied some twine around the butterfly and tied it in a knot at the top.  It's a nice added touch.  


Creative Blessings,
Heather

Fabulous Friend Card Recipe:
Stamps: Papillion Potpourri, Fabulous Phrases
Ink: Versamark, Black Staz-On, Various shades of pink and purple
Paper: First Edition, 2011-2013 DSP Patterns Stack, Naturals Composition DSP, Wisteria Wonder
Misc.: Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Sponge Daubers, Curly Label Punch, Basic Rhinestones


Papillon Potpourri Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Papillion Potpourri

Sponge Daubers - by Stampin' Up!
Sponge Daubers

Elegant Butterfly Punch
Elegant Butterfly Punch


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Heather,great video and so easy to follow.Love the butterflies, colouring them with the daubers seems to be closer to the natural colour Nola

paige said...

Absolutely beautiful! Now I'm going to watch your video!

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!


Look into my page :: youtube.com

dawnmercedes said...

What an amazing layout idea! Texture, dimension, interest...wow!