10.10.2012

Proud to be an American

Last weekend, for World Card Making Day, I made cards inspired by pictures from around the world.  I started in the good ole' USofA.  :)  I've been wanting to make this card since I first saw the Merry Minis stamp set in the holiday mini catalog.  The stars are so pretty and they aren't just for Christmas. 


I stamped the stars in Versamark onto Midnight Muse cardstock, then add white embossing powder before heat embossing.  Next time I think I will try some iridescent ice EP.  What do you think? 


Don't you just love the sparkle of the red glimmer paper?  To get the sentiment, I just used a Midnight Muse marker and inked up the God Bless, then I punched it out using the modern label punch. 

God Bless you, wherever you may be from and God Bless the USA!
Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  Did you know I am giving away a Free Stamp Set OR set of cards?  Just click HERE to read my Blog Candy post and enter to win.   Only 5 days left!!!


Merry Minis Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Merry Minis

Trust God Clear-Mount Stamp Set
God Bless

Top Note Stampin' Up! Bigz Die - by Stampin' Up!
Top Note Die

Red Glimmer Paper - by Stampin' Up!
Red Glimmer Paper

Basics Glimmer Brads - by Stampin' Up!
Basic Glimmer Brads


3 comments:

Dorothy S said...

This is a great card - the stars are special!
You commented (on my card) about finding a couple of new challenges. Do you ever use the website Feline Playful? It lists many challenges. There is another called the Daily Dare 4 You.

Heather North said...

Thanks, Dorothy. I haven't heard of these. I'll be sure to check them out.

Unknown said...

Awesome card! Love the sparkle paper for the flag!