10.17.2012

Christmas Ribbon

I know, I know, it's not even Halloween yet and I'm already showing you Christmas cards, but as crafters we have to think one season ahead.  This gives us time to plan, order and create.  :)  

The first time I saw this ribbon technique I believe it was done using one of SU's flower punches.  I thought it would look good as an ornament.  What do you think?   


To add a little shimmer to the Cherry Cobbler cardstock, I used my new Illuminate stamp pad and inked up the Parlor Prints background stamp.  I love how it shimmers when the light hits it.

I probably should have embossed the Merry Christmas BEFORE stamping the background stamp because some black embossing powder stuck to the Illuminate ink, but I think I like it. 


One of the reasons I am showing this card so early is because SU has a special right now which includes the ornament framelits.   I wanted you to be able to see some of the fun things this Framelit can make.  Don't worry though.   I have a PUMPKIN video on Friday, showing you how I made my 3-D pumpkin.  (It uses the pack of Framelits!)

Creative Blessings,
Heather North


Christmas Gift Pack (W/Bundle) Clear
Holiday Bundle Special

Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies
Holiday Ornament Framelits


Parlor Prints Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Parlor Prints Stamp

Gumball Green 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon
Stitched Satin Ribbon


Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Stampin' Pad
Illuminate Glimmer Watermark


2 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

I'm getting 5 Christmas projects ready for a holiday swap this weekend so I am right there with you!! Wish more companies would release Christmas earlier like SU! Love this fun card!!

Andrea said...

It does look good as an ornament-so creative!