10.08.2012

Happy Thanksgiving, Canada

I want to wish all my Canadian friends, Happy Thanksgiving!  

Did you know that Saturday was World Card Making Day.  In honor of that I spent the weekend making cards and entering challenges.  One of the challenges was to make a card based on Canada's Maple leaf.  As you can see, I did use a maple leaf.  I was sure I had that leaf in a large stamp.  Apparently not.  :)  I hope my Canadian friends can forgive me and know that I was thinking of them when I designed this card.


It does sport the Cherry Cobbler Red and Whisper White of the Canadian flag.   I used the French Foliage stamp set for this card.  Isn't it pretty, even if it isn't the "right" leaf for the Canadian flag? 


Over the weekend I used my Heat Gun and Embossing powder more than I ever have.  It seemed like almost every card could use a little embossing or quick drying.  :)  I'll be showing you more of the cards I made over the next couple of weeks.

In case you missed Saturday's post, you might want to CLICK HERE.  I'm giving away some Blog Candy.  What's blog candy?  In this case it is a free stamp set (OR a set of cards made with that stamp set if you are outside of the US.)  It's pretty easy to enter to win.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

French Foliage - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
French Foliage
Curly Cute - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Curly Cute

4 comments:

foleysfriend said...

Thank you for thinking of your friends way up north, here in Canada, eh! LOL at your version of a "maple leaf"!

Heather North said...

I know, it's pathetic. :D Glad it made you laugh. Can't believe I don't have a stamp of my favorite leaf. I thought for sure I had the Gently Falling stamp set, but I was wrong. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Sue!

dawnmercedes said...

The first Sunday of each month, I have my kids write thank you notes. So, this was only the 2nd month...but now they are beginning to think about what other people do for them!

Andrea said...

Pretty fall card-love the baker's twine accent.