10.18.2012

Wonderful You ~ rs#33

Today's post is a little late.  Sorry about that.  I've been dealing with a migraine headache for 2 days now.  Ugh!  But I really wanted to get this week's Retro Sketches challenge done on time.  It is just so cute.  I'm feeling a little better tonight, so I decided to give it a shot. 


Don't you just love it?!!!  Okay, perhaps it's just me, but for such a simple design it makes me want to squeal.  Quietly of course. 


The sketch looks like it has some stitching and I've been itching to try out sewing on my cards.   Not too bad for my first attempt.  (If I do say so myself.) 


The colors in Stampin' UP!'s Orchard Harvest paper work great with this week's challenge at the Play Date Cafe.  It was a happy accident for me.  I actually put together this card before seeing the challenge.  I guess great minds really do think alike.  :)  They are having a fun week of celebrating their anniversary over there, so you should go check them out.


Any ideas on what to make with all the other hearts I cut out?  Perhaps I will use them as confetti when I send this card.  :)


I used linen thread to hang my hearts.  When the card was almost done I sprayed it with some Shimmer Mist so it has a little sparkle.


One last look at this card and then I'm heading to bed. 





Come back tomorrow to watch my video showing how to make this 3-D "pumpkin".  

 
 
 
Creative Blessings,
Heather North


Loving Thoughts - Clear-Mount Stamp
Loving Thoughts


Fashionable Hearts Embosslits Die
Fashionable Hearts Embosslits

Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper
Orchard Harvest DSP


7 comments:

Dorothy S said...

I hope you are feeling better. THis is so cute!

Andrea said...

What a fun sketch! and adorable card too. I just love the dangly hearts.

Donna B. said...

Very cute card! Love the hanging hearts! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe during our 3rd Anniversary week!

Veronica Z said...

This is an adorable card! I love those cute hearts! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

Rachel said...

what a great card with the sketch and color story. I hope your head ache has gone away! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

~amy~ said...

This is wonderful! Great combo of challenges! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

What a gorgeous way to use our colours! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Play Date Cafe during our 3rd Anniversary Celebrations!!