8.06.2012

Need for Speed 5 ~ MOJO253

Welcome to another Masculine Monday and the last card in my Need for Speed series.  This one  definitely has the most layers and details.  In fact I filmed a video on making this card. 


How's that for a masculine "sweet 16" card?  For that matter, I think my husband would like this card too, and he is a "grown-up".  There is so much to love here, but I think it's the embossed "metal" that is my favorite.


It's hard to capture on camera and stay in focus.  Hopefully you can see some of the texture here.  I used today's Mojo Monday sketch for inspiration.  It was perfect!  I wanted to have a focal image, a box of embossed metal and a skinny strip with tire tread tracks.  The sketch made it easy for me to put the elements I wanted to use together.


***If you are viewing this somewhere other than my blog you may need to click on the title, Need for Speed 5, to go to my blog and view the video. ***



So, are you feeling the Need for Speed?  It can be used in so many great cards for the boys & men in your life.


Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Need for Speed - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Need for Speed

Argyle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Argyle Textured Embossing Folder

World Spectacular Designer Series Paper
World Spectacular DSP
Window Frames Collection Framelits Dies
Windows Collection Framelits

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Truly awesome card. I saw that sketch and panicked, but you made it look easy!

Unknown said...

Love your need for speed series! It's nice to see card ideas for boys! I have a house full of them! :-)

Andrea said...

Great masculine card-Love the embossed metal look!

Smiles, Laurie said...

Look at this! I love the embossed, is it , aluminum foil? And yet another fabulous masculine card! This is perfect. Fantastic take on the sketch!

Heather North said...

Yes, it is aluminum foil. :) I show how I made it in the video.

Wanda Cullen said...

The foil is such a great detail...love this masculine card! Great use of the mojo sketch!