8.25.2012

Friends Matter

Today's card was super quick to make.  The colors come from a color challenge on SN.  (Melon Mambo, Early Espresso, and Whisper White)    After I sponged the embossed layer with Early Espresso I wished that I had not inked it so heavily.  To offset that a bit I decided to add some glimmer mist.



The shimmer mist curled the sentiment and I was going to tack it down with two more dimensionals.  But I kind-of like the way it curled on both ends so I might not.   I love the little pearls, don't you?


I chose a friend sentiment because my friends have been neglected since baseball season started last Spring. <gasp> Once school starts I really want to send some of my friends notes letting them know I have not forgotten them.  If you are one of my poor neglected friends who needs a card from me just let me know in the comments below, or on one of the cards I post next week and I will send you the card you post on.  ;) 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North


Affection Collection Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Affection Collection

Modern Label Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Modern Label Punch

Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - by Stampin' Up!
Vintage Wallpaper EF

3 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

So very pretty, Heather!!

paige said...

beautiful card with the embossing and distressing. A perfect card for a dear friend!

Kay said...

I do love the pearls :) Such a pretty card for a special friend