8.30.2012

Hope Is A Wish...

Yesterday was a big day in our house.  My oldest turned 16 and both boys started school!  I'm not sure where the summer went, but it flew by super fast!!!  After I dropped them off this morning I went to my hobby room for some "craft therapy".  Here is what I came up with.


There are some great challenges out there in blogland.  In fact, I've got a stack of them printed out from the past couple of weeks that I haven't had time to complete.   This card is a combo of two challenges.  I started with the Dynamic Duo.  This was an easy first step because it uses two of my favorite colors, Wisteria Wonder and Concord Crush.   Love them!  They make any card pretty.  I usually struggle with color challenges, but just using 2 colors I love made this challenge super easy.




The second inspiration came from the current Retro Sketches challenge.  It's using another one of my SU favorites, the Top Note die.  I love the clean look to this sketch and the pretty bow, so I tried to mimic it pretty closely.




It's very hard to see in the picture, but I tried to capture the effect.   I used the new SU Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Ink with clear embossing powder.  In person you can tell it is reflecting the light in a luminous way.  It's very pretty.  The sentiment uses the same Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Ink pad and the Concord Crush (retired) ink pad.  Then I quickly used clear embossing powder on it too.


The strip of Basic Rhinestones added just the touch of added sparkle I wanted on this card.

For the inside I made good use of my scraps.  :)   And, I made a discovery when I punched out my name label for the back.   It fits perfectly in the new small scallop circle punch!

It didn't take me long to get my groove back.  Now if the dishes and laundry would do themselves, the groceries would magically appear in my pantry/fridge/freezer, and meals would cook without needing me to prepare them I might just get to the rest of the challenges I have sitting in my craft room.   :)

Creative Blessings,
Heather

All products used are from Stampin' UP:
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, DSP Patterns Stack
Ink:  Illuminate Glimmer Watermark, Concord Crush
Stamps: Blooming with Kindness
Misc.: Top Note Die, Clear Embossing Powder, Basic Rhinestones, Linen Thread, Concord Crush Ribbon (retired)


Blooming with Kindness Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Blooming With Kindness


Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Stampin' Pad
Illuminate Glimmer Watermark

Top Note Stampin' Up! Bigz Die - by Stampin' Up!
Top Note Die

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather this is gorgeous, love the color combo! Happy birthday to your son, sweet 16, lol! My baby turned 20 las week, where did the time go!

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-35_31.html