3.21.2016

Oh My Stars

This card was originally created back in September for the Isreal challenge for World Card Making Day on StampNation.  I ended up making a different card for that challenge that I liked better, and didn't post this one.  Instead I saved it for March to bring a touch of spring green and yellow to my blog.


The background was created by sponging Squeezed Lemonade ink on white cardstock, then I added a stencil and sponged on the Salty Ocean.  Yellow + Blue = Green.  For the star I used the inlaid die cutting technique. By die cutting the star layers out of 3 colors I had leftovers to make two more cards.

This card would be great for a guy's birthday or any type of congratulations.  It's often difficult to find stamps and dies that work for teen/tween/twenties guys, but CAS-ual Fridays Stamps has several that I have used often.

Stamps: Twinkle (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps)
Ink: Squeezed Lemonade, Salty Ocean (Distress) Night of Navy (SU)
Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Hanakkuh Die (CFS) Square Tile Stencil (My Favorite Things)





1 comment:

Shirley said...

Very nice colorful card...love the card design.