11.01.2013

Orange Sunset

The challenge last week at StampNation was to create a card using the color Orange.  To be honest, I don't use the color Orange very often.  When I think of that color I think of my friend Tracy, pumpkins, autumn leaves and blazing sunsets.   I decided to try my hand at an orange sunset.



To make this card I masked off the two sides of my white cardstock, then sponged various colors of yellow and orange.  After I peeled off the mask I stamped the Serene Silhouettes in black staz-on. 


The black mat only partially covers the card base.  I popped up the sentiment from Really Good Greetings using a dimensional.  I punched it out of one of my punches, but didn't like how it looked, so I trimmed it down using my sharp paper snips and layered it on a black decorative label punch.


This card was made with Operation Write Home in mind.  My plan is to include it in the next box I send in to OWH.  Yes, it reminds me of a fall sunset, but it can be sent anytime.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  If you are considering joining the Design Team at StampNation check out THIS POST for all the details.   If I can do it, you can too!


P.P.S.  This isn't the card I ended up submitting for my design team post.  The card I chose was in Monday's post.  I actually made at least 6 Orange cards in the month of October, so I had several to choose from.

No comments: