11.27.2013

Clean and Bling

Back to more Christmas cards today.  Time is running short for me to get them all done.  This card would be so easy to mass produce, but the weight of the embellishment I used would add extra postage.  I suggest replacing it with some brads, snowflakes or paper buttons if you want to send out a pile of these cards.


My week of participating in challenges continues today.  When I saw this week's sketch at Unscripted Sketches I knew I had finally found the perfect card to use this pretty striped foil paper on.

Sketch_232
US#232

One of the reasons I bought the Winter Frost paper pack was because of the shiny papers, but I haven't used them yet.  I really need to stop hoarding the pretty stuff and USE IT more often.  Perhaps that should be my New Year's Resolution.



It's hard to capture the shimmer in a photo, but you can see how it catches the light in the top right corner.  The little piece of Bermuda Bay/Pool Party ribbon sticking out the side of my greeting panel comes from a scrap that I had leftover fromm the Christmas Banner kit.


This sketch would be a great one to add to your collection to use over and over again.  Thank you Unscripted Sketches for inspiring me yet again.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Supplies (Stampin' UP! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Joy to the World
Paper: Winter Frost DSP, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Ink: Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Frosted Finishes, Christmas Banner Simply Created Kit


Frosted Finishes Embellishments
Frosted Finishes
Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper
Winter Frost DSP
Christmas Banner Simply Created Accessory Kit
Christmas Banner Simply Created Kit


2 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

SO amazingly beautiful! Yes, I agree this is perfect for this challenge! I love that you listed so nicely all of the supplies, and the kit ingredients too! (making me want to run to my longtime card club pal and stampin' up! salesgal extraordinaire for these Designer Papers that I only bought the mini pack of..)

Superb striped paper, this card excites me, love with wonder of it and the colors of your sentiment.
Bravo!

Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks so much for adding this lovely card to the Sketch it Saturday Gallery on the Unscripted Sketches Challenge Blog!

-Kimberly

Tammy said...

How funny--I hadn't used this paper either, until this sketch!! Great minds think alike!! Your card is gorgeous--I really love your little tab of ribbon--it's just the right touch!