11.02.2013

Sew Saturday ~ November Goals

It's hard to believe November is here.  Last week I finished Tyler's quilt and my project for our guild swap and I've been thinking about what to work on next.  I've got several "little projects" to finish up like making my charity blocks.  Here is the fabric I have chosen.  For some reason I have been on a huge aqua kick lately.  Pair it with pink and red and I swoon a little.  <3


I also have a couple of things I want to add to Melissa's swap, but I can't show you those pictures yet.

 

There is still Tyler's quilt to sandwich, quilt and bind, but I've been working on that quilt for 2 months, so I kind-of want to put it away for a couple of weeks and work on some color. 



Our guild passed out these Riley Blake fabrics for the MQG challenge pictured below.  I've been trying to decide what to do with this color/pattern combo they gave us.



To be honest, I've been wanting to make some baby quilts to give away.  Nobody I know is really in need of baby quilts and I didn't know who to contact to give them away to a hospital or charity.  I decided yesterday to use the RB fabric and just get started.  Eventually I would find someone who needed it.  Then, this morning I went onto Melissa's blog and she had the answer for me.


November 2013 Hopeful Threads Project
I'll let you click on the link to read more about it, but for me, it was the answer to what I've been searching for this week.  My hope is that I'll be able to make 2 quilts.  One for a boy with the fabric from our challenge and another for a girl with all the pink fabric I've been collecting lately.  

Once my quilt is finished I will share my own hospital quilt story about our son.  It feels so good to know I am finally able to "pay it forward" and touch another life like ours was. 

So, my goal for November is to make a quilt for Hopeful Threads "Baby Love" challenge.


ALYOF


My secondary goals are:
Make my Oct BOM Charity BlockFinish Melissa's swap stuff

Bonus goals if I end up with lots of quilting time:
Get Tyler's quilt ready to quilt
Make second baby quilt for Baby Love
Work on my Star Shadow quilt

Now I just need to stay healthy so I can get it all done!

Creative Blessings,
Heather North



1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow! Love that sneaky peek (I do have a thing for geese and hexies). I'm so glad that our November project has touched you so deeply. It is near and dear to my heart and I'm so grateful you are joining us. Good luck with all of your goals! Can't wait to see your finish!