10.28.2013

Brewing Together ~ CQC#212

My friend, Sherry Piro, has been the biggest cheerleader I know for Operation Write Home.  (OWH)    Recently she sent me a picture of some Valentine's/Love cards she has been working on to send to OWH.  I LOVE them and asked if I could CASE them.  She said, yes, and I plan to CASE them all.


Aren't they adorable?!!!  The one that really got my eye and got my creative juices flowing was the coffee cup.  I had just been thinking that I need to pull that stamp set out and give it some love.  Sherry used heart paper for her cup and I thought it would be cute to use paper for all the holidays to make cards.   Since Halloween is coming up I decided to give it a go with the Witches Brew DSP.  Here is what I came up with.



When I was talking to her about the card she told me she plans on making one for Christmas too.  I told her I wished I had a Halloween "brew" stamp.  She said I should just print one out on the computer.  Brilliant!  Don't you just love creating with friends?  They always have the best ideas.   It would be so easy to print out a few cute sayings onto cardstock and then punch them out like I did with the stamped image here.


To make the cup I stamped it on both sides of my Double Sided Paper, once onto white cardstock for the lid, and one more time onto my Very Vanilla cardstock.  I cut out the DSP, adhered it to the Very Vanilla piece, then popped up the lid on dimensionals before placing it on top of my cup.  That sounds like a lot of stamping and cutting, but it's EASY because you don't have to be precise.


The colors in my card aren't exact, but close to the ones at ColourQ this week.  I will have another card similar to this one later in the week on my blog.  This time I flip the DSP around so more of the spiderwebs show than the skulls.

cQc #212



Thank you Sherry for inspiring me not only with your sweet Valentines, but with your dedication to Operation Write Home. 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  If you are looking for the winners of my weekend giveaway scroll up or click HERE.

P.P.S.  If you are looking for the StampNation Design Team call CLICKY

P.P.P.S.  Today is the last day of Stampin' UP!'s 25 stamp sets for 25% off sale.  Will you be getting the same sets I purchased this morning?  Clicky



Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper
Witches Brew DSP

Perfect Blend
Perfect Blend Stamp Set

Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Chevron Embossing Folder


2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute and just the right amount of spooky! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Sylvia said...

Love that coffee cup for Halloween Heather, I did one some weeks back, the cup is perfect for every holiday! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.