6.16.2019

Happy Father's Day




My Family (aka The North's)
Scott, Me, Tyler & Michael
We had to take a picture of all our North faces with The North Face sign in the background.  This was at the Woodburn, OR outlets a couple of months ago. 

Today I am spending the day doing whatever my husband wants.  Usually that means cooking him his favorite meals and watching movies or sports.  Sometimes taking a drive to the coast and other times hanging in the backyard.  He has been such an incredible dad to our 2 children, and I enjoy taking a day to pamper him and let him know how very special he is.   


Michael (19), Me, Tyler (22) and Scott in the back


It takes many shots to get a family picture with all of us looking at the camera with our eyes open and not looking "goofy".  Can anyone relate?

Michael, Me and Scott, with Tyler hiding behind me


Our family in Weed, CA with Mt Shasta in the background

This Father's Day is also the first one my dad and his brother will be spending without their dad.  My grandpa passed away in late April.  Life is so precious and goes so fast.  I'm reminded to enjoy the moments I get to spend with my dad.  It's easy to let life get too busy to take the time to call, but I know that one day, all too soon, I won't be able to call him or take a trip to go see him.  So, I treasure these moments and the time I have.

Dad & I 2017


Mom, Tyler, Dad & Michael Spring 2019

Me, Tyler, Dad and Michael


Dad receiving grandpa's flag for service in the Navy during WWII.  I am sitting just behind him in this picture (with my sunglasses on) and our oldest son, Tyler's, face can be seen just above the hand on the flag. 

For those of you who no longer have your dad in your life or who were never able to become a father, my heart goes out to you.  Father's Day can be a painful reminder of what you have lost or may never have had.  {hugs}


To all of you who are dad's or who have stepped in the gap for a dad that is gone, I salute you.  Hope you feel as special and loved as you are.

No comments: