6.14.2019

Day 5 of 100 Days of Creativity

One thing I love to do is use my craft supplies to make things for non-crafty stuff.  For example, adding letters to a low-profile cooler for a door prize at our Corvettes de Olympia meeting.  The trunk space in a Corvette is minimal to say the least.  Our club likes to take several runs and tours in the summer months and it can be difficult to find a low profile ice chest that doesn't take up a ton of space.  I found this at our little local grocery store and had to pick one up. 





I used my Brother Scan-N-Cut to die cut the letters out of this cool "carbon fiber" style vinyl.  Later I found a cut file on Etsy for the Corvette emblem, but then couldn't figure out how to get Canvas nor my machine to read it.  Oh well.  If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment.  I think I need classes on how to use my machine.  I've had it for a year and half and used it only a handful of times.  Sad story, but true story.

Before applying the letters I used some alcohol wipes to make sure the lid was clean & dust free.  It dries quickly. 
How do you like my method of lining up those letters?  I put them on my grid mat and used post it note tape to keep them on a straight line to transport to the lid.  Here is the final result.  I hope whoever wins it loves it.  If not, I will gladly take it back.  :)



2 comments:

HJ said...

Very clever! Have a great trip!

Heather North said...

Thank you HJ!