10.09.2018

Wonderful Mother

If you read my post a few of days ago, you saw the card my husband didn't choose to send to his mom.  I can't say I blame him.  I'm pretty sure she would love this one too.  She once told me that yellow roses are her favorite, so I try to include a yellow rose on her cards when I can.

This card is a combination of "old" and "new" (at least to me) products.  The layering flowers and leaves are new to me, and although the puffy diamond embossing folder isn't new, it is new-to-me.  I have to admit my embossing folders have been collecting dust for a few years now.  That is why I held off so long on getting this one, but after loving every card I saw using it, I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and get one.  Then I "made myself" use it before putting it away with the other lonely embossing folders. Perhaps I need to start using them again more often.  I do love the texture and look they give to cards.

The ribbon, sentiment stamp and cross stitch square dies were all happy to be used again.


Stamps: The Sweet Life (PaperTreyInk) You Are Wonderful (Clearly Besotted)
Ink: Bellini, Tiara, Midnight (Catherine Pooler Designs) Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Sweet Sugarplum, Wild Wasabi, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Blushing Bride, Whisper White (SU)
Accessories: Cross Stitch Squares (My Favorite Things) Organza Ribbon, Tufted Dynamic Embossing Folder (SU)  Silver Watercolor (Kuretake)


No comments: