10.11.2018

Dream Chasers

Every year I choose a word for the year.  If I'm being honest, most years the word finds me.  Sometimes I hold onto for longer than a year.  The first year I wrote out my word to use it was Focus.  Life was chaotic and too many things were pulling my attention.  I really felt like it was important to Focus on one task at a time and see it through completion.  I worked on setting up a schedule to help me focus.  I started using planners again and started a bullet journal planner with FOCUS being the very first page.

The following year my word remained Focus, but this time it was focus on being in the moment, especially with my children.  This started with turning down the radio in the car and truly engaging and listening to them as I took them to and from school.  My oldest was in middle school and I realized all too soon they would be gone.  Some days I wanted to just turn up the music or talk radio to hear another adult, but I could do that on the way home.  When they were in the car I had their focused attention.

Fast forward to last year.  My word was DREAM.  Not just dream, but I felt like God was telling me to dream bigger.  To dream beyond what I thought was possible and to dream what I had never dreamed before.  It has been an interesting word with endless possibilities.  The problem was that 2017 was filled with heartache for me.  Dreams just didn't seem possible.  I still held onto that word though, and when opportunities came, I took them.  Here is the thing about dreams.  They can remain beautiful or scary or exciting or even heartbreaking, but to make your dreams a reality you have to do more than dream.  You have to do the work and chase those dreams.

My Rodan + Fields team is called the Dream Chasers.  Why did I choose that name?  So we can always remember what we are working for.  We are not just hoping and wishing, but we are running after those things we want.  We keep dreaming bigger and brighter, but we also have our feet on the ground running. 


This card was made with my Dream Chasers in mind.  I created the background by masking off the outer edges, using a waterbrush to brush water over the center and then add soft swatches of color.  Once it was dry I added some stamping.  It is a clean and simple card, but captures the dreamy look I was going for.

What are you dreaming about?
What is your word of the year?

Stamps: Believe (Clearly Besotted)
Ink: Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet (Distress) All That Jazz (Catherine Pooler Designs) Versamark
Paper: Bristol (Strathmore)
Accessories: White Superfine Embossing Powder (Wow) 



1 comment: