10.05.2018

Birthday Butterfly

Last month was my mother in law's birthday.  I like to make a few cards for her birthday and let my husband choose which one to send her.  Sometimes I make a card so perfect I don't give him a choice.  ;)  I'll be sharing the card he choose for her this year tomorrow, but this one was rejected by him.


Personally I know she would love the dainty wings of the butterfly, the lattice background and the touches of gold.  Perhaps I will save this for next year if I don't give it away before then.

The card was fairly simple to make.  I used patterned paper in the background and die cut it with the wonky stitched dies.  The butterfly was die cut from the same paper pack.  The lattice die is what really brings this card to a new level.  To create the splatters on the sentiment strip used some gold paint mixed with water and flicked it on.  After it was dry it still looked pretty plain so I stamped some leaves around the sentiment.

Stamps: Happy Birthday (Simon Says Stamp) Wild Garden (CPD)
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Very Vanilla (SU) Patterned Paper (???)
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones, Gold Ribbon (SU) Butterfly Die (Simon Says Stamp) Lattice Frame Dies (Catherine Pooler Designs) Wonky Stitched Dies (My Favorite Things) Bluish Gold paint pan (Gansai Tambi)

Lattice Frame Dies

Wild Garden


No comments: