6.16.2015

Happy Birthday, Dad

Last week was my dad's birthday.  When it comes to masculine cards I like to go one of 2 ways.  Either I keep it clean and simple with an added touch of texture or movement.  Or, I go to the flip side and do very textured and grungy with earth tones, neutrals or blues.   This time I went with CAS.

To create the blue panel I sponged blue ink onto watercolor paper, then spritzed it lightly with water.  After it was dry, I used a stencil to get the translucent embossing paste squares.  Once the paste was completely dry, I die cut out a square to have a place for my sentiment to go.  It's slightly crooked, but I don't think my dad will mind.

Stamps: Birthday To You (Verve)
Ink: Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Broken China (Distress); Black Onyx (Versafine)
Paper: Whisper White Thick (Stampin' Up!); Watercolor Paper
Accessories: Square Framelits, Clear Embossing Powder (SU); Translucent Embossing Paste (Wendy Vecchi); Small Checkerboard Stencil (My Favorite Things)

Squares Collection Framelits Dies by Stampin' Up!
Square Framelits

No comments: