5.19.2015

My Retiring Favorites - Blooming With Kindness

This morning I finally sat down and pulled out all my Stampin' UP! products that will be retiring soon.  The list is long.  I have 30 stamp sets, 20 punches, and half a dozen Framelits that are being retired, not to mention embossing folders and ribbon.  Normally this makes me so sad, but I am in purging mode, so it is a little bit exciting to clear off some shelf space.

UNSET
Blooming With Kindness


Still, there are a few items that I am super sad to see go.  I may just hold on to some of them.  I keep a shelf of retired stamps in my stamp room.  It's up high, and I'm short, so I don't go to it often, but they are there if I need them.  Every year I am able to let a couple go so that I can put a couple more up there.   Here is one that I will be holding onto for at least a year because I love the scripted sentiments in Blooming With Kindness.


One of my favorite designs for this stamp set is making a stack of notecards.  They make great gifts.  I get bored easily with repetitive stamping, so I can change each card just a little bit to  make my stamping time enjoyable.  Can you spot the differences?


Can you spot the differences?  I cut all my layers the same to make the process go quickly.  With one exception.  There was one card that I double mounted.




Do you have any favorites that are retiring?  Clicky to check out the full list.  I'll be going through my retiring stamps and trying to use my favorites for the rest of the month before they are gone.  

Here are just a few of mine, in no particular order.
UNSET
From My Heart
UNSET
Apothecary Art
Modern Label Punch
Modern Label Punch
Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die
Beautiful Wings Embosslits

Stamps: Blooming With Kindness (Retiring)
Ink: Coastal Cabana , Crisp Canteloupe, Strawberry Slush (Retiring), Wisteria Wonder, Black (Memento); London Fog (Memento)
Paper: Whisper White, White Notecards + Cardstock to match ink colors
Accessories: 1 3/8" Circle, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch


1 comment:

Joyce Spear said...

I will miss the Beautiful Wings embosslit the most. It's one of my best crafting investments ever considering how much use I've gotten out of it. Last year I got a second one because the first was getting bent and tired, and now I'm debating whether I need a third while it's still available!

I'm also very sad about losing Strawberry Slush. I knew the day I first saw it two years ago that this would happen, so I made sure to stock up during SAB in preparation for future hoarding.

Your notecards are classics - it's hard to make an ugly card with the wonderful Blooming with Kindness set! Once again I love your little differences in each card, especially the London Fog shadow on the Wisteria Wonder card's sentiment. Very classy!