5.05.2015

Mother's Day Shape

This card is the one I'll be sending to my mom.  It may look rather simple, but it took me a long time to figure out.  I had a practice sheet out playing with colors and layout.



You wouldn't think it would be that hard to find the right shade of purple for my lilacs, but it was.  Thank goodness for the MISTI, because at least the stamping part was easy.  


It's been a very long time since I pulled out my ovals, but it seemed appropriate for a Mother's Day card, and it fits the CASology theme perfectly. 


The finishing touch was to tuck in a doily between the ovals and add glossy accents to the vase to make it look like water in the glass.  How are you coming on your Mother's Day cards?  I have a couple more cards to show you this week, so come back if you need some inspiration.

Stamps: Coming Up Roses (Wplus9); Love Deepens (Verve)
Ink: Berrylicious (My Favorite Things); Blackberry Bliss, Blushing Bride, Pistachio Pudding, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi (Stampin' UP!); Plum Pudding (PaperTreyInk); Soft Blossoms (Hero Arts); Vesamark; Wink of Stella
Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White (SU)
Accessories: Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder (Ranger); Oval Framelits (Stampin' UP!); MISTI

2 comments:

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! I'm sure your mum will love it! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, it was pretty already, then you added the doily and the glossy accents! Pow! The perfect finishing touches to a gorgeous Mother's Day card! So glad you joined us this week at CASology!