3.08.2015

Sew Sunday

This weekend I had a BLAST at the Violet Craft Broken Herringbone class with my fellow South Sound Modern Quilt Guild sisters.  Violet Craft was a wonderful teacher and designer.  She designed all the fabrics in this quilt and also designed the quilt itself.  I'll post more photos soon, but I want to share this one with you.


Isn't she darling?   I'm now on the hunt for all her fabric.  :)   If I could have found her fabric line before the class I would have used it.  Instead I had to hunt out something different.    All my fabric ready to be pressed and cut.

All my fabric ready to be pressed and cut.


I had a slight mishap with my iron and my refill cup.  The cup tipped over while I was taking these pictures and I didn't notice it had fallen under my iron.  OOPS!



I used a small iron while my husband tried to get most of the plastic out of the holes.  It took a lot longer, but I managed to get everything pressed, cut, pieced and pressed again for pre-class prep.

This is the wrong side of my favorite pattern.  It is the fabric that inspired all the other fabrics I chose for this quilt.  I'll share more pictures with you next weekend.  Just wait until you see what everyone else is doing.


Update: My art's walk challenge quilt is getting a couple borders added to it.  It's starting to look much more balanced now.


Here is my last picture for you today.  It's almost midnight, so I really need to get to bed. But, my sewing machine has been so busy last week that I just have to share it with you.  Above are my 2 charity blocks for March.  These birch tree blocks were very fun to make.  I'm tempted to make an entire quilt out of them.  hmmm... I better finish up some of my UFO's first.  ;)

In case you are following my ALYOF, and I bet you aren't, I did make a little progress on my namebadge.  I squared up the star block and sewed it to my name block, then squared it up again.  It's now ready to be quilted.  There is hope I will make finish it by the end of this month.  Sorry I don't have any pictures to share with you.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures, but I'm excited to see what you are making from the class.