1.13.2013

Scrapbook Sunday

Are you watching one of the big playoff games today?  Perhaps you are just getting home from church or getting ready for your Sunday afternoon nap.  I'll probably do all 3. :)  But I do hope to get some scrapbooking time in today too.  I can't think of a better way to spend my free time than getting creative.  Saving our family memories and pictures is at the top of my "Creative Time Well Spent" list.



These pages show you don't have to spend a lot of time, nor have a ton of supplies to scrapbook.  It's all about the pictures and the story.   These pictures are from our family trip to Mt. St. Helens.  I really wanted to include lots of the landscape pictures, so I just trimmed them to 3 3/4 inches so the I could do 2 rows of 3 pictures on the right hand side.


A well place stamp or vellum print can make a lovely title.   You can create your own tag using MDS 2 and printing it on to vellum on your home printer.  Just be sure to allow plenty of time for the ink to dry.  To add my own touch to this vellum I mounted it on Island Indigo cardstock and added some basic rhinestones to the butterflies. 

The journaling is simple.  It's under a rare picture of me.  I matted the picture with the same cardstock I used under the vellum.  Some day these albums will go to my kids and (future) grandkids.  I want them to know they are never far from my thoughts, so I left them a little love note under my picture, then added another basic rhinestone. 


Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents - by Stampin' Up!
Basic Rhinestones

2011 In Color Stampin Write Markers - by Stampin' Up!
2011 In Color Markers

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

2 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Gorgeous scenery!! Love the pretty butterflies with this wonderful quote!!

Unknown said...

Gosh...everytime I see your scrapbooking posts, it maeks me wish I was on top of mine! I really need to get caught up! I love the vellum with the rhinestones and your journaling there at the bottom!