1.14.2013

Hello, Snow Girl

Greeting Card Kids is such a cute stamp set.  Every season I make at least one card using these adorable images.  For today's card I wanted a winter feel, but I didn't want to use the Christmas tree.  Here is what I came up with.


I was going to film a video showing you how I "lost" the tree, sparkled up the snowballs and colored the flower, but I ran in to a couple of snags.

Snag 1- No more snowballs.  We have had ice and snow and freezing rain here today (ironic isn't it) and I try not to drive when the weather is bad like it has been the past few days.  If it warms up enough to melt the ice I will go to town for more snowballs.



Snag 2- My house needed a major cleaning.  Over the weekend we moved around furniture and cleaned upstairs.  Outside we took down Christmas lights and moved the Christmas decorations out to the shed.  We also did a bit of cleanup outside.  So, today it was a matter of moving furniture downstairs and cleaning up all the mud we tracked in.  With Christmas all put away I felt the need to wash windows, vacuum around the baseboards and clean under the toaster in the kitchen.  By the time I finished that it was time to start dinner.  (and mess up my clean kitchen again!)


So, if you are interested in a video showing you how to make this card, please let me know with a comment below.  I'll film it after I find some more "snowballs". 



I'm excited that my house is clean.  That means tomorrow I can play in my craft room until it's time to pick up the kids from school.   :)  Oh, glorious day!!!

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  It's almost 11pm, and I am finally getting today's post in.  I still have an hour to spare.  ;)

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Greeting Card Kids, Friendship Preserves
Ink: Pool Party, Riding Hood Red, Wisteria Wonder, Regal Rose
Paper: More Amore DSP, Whipser White, Very Vanilla, Primrose Petals, Pink Pirrouette,
Misc.: Windows Framelits, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, Blender Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, and more...




Greeting Card Kids - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Greeting Card Kids


More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper
More Amore Specialty DSP

Blender Pens - by Stampin' Up!
Blender Pens


Friendship Preserves Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Friendship Preserves


4 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this sweetie with her sled full of sparkly snowballs! What a precious card, Heather!!

Nathalia O. said...

Sounds like you we're a cleaning machine yesterday! I love this sweet winter card, and the snowballs are such a fun touch!

Smiles, Laurie said...

What a cute card..and I love how you have used the snowballs to stretch this little girl's season all through winter! Thanks for the great idea.

Anonymous said...

Really cute card. Love the snowballs.When you get time a video
would be great. Nola