3.29.2015

Sew Sunday ~ ALYOF

A Lovely Year of Finishes
March Link-Up

I'm so glad I made this my goal for ALYOF.  It's been sitting in my UFO pile for over a year.

My March goal was to complete my quilted name tag for the South Sound Modern Quilt Guild meetings.  This "name tag" is rather large, but it is finished.  Perhaps I will make a smaller, more manageable nametag in the future, but for now I have one finished.  :)


The small block comes from my shooting star quilt.  It was great practicing the quilting for this block.  I was playing around with idea of having lines coming out from the main star, but I wasn't sure I would like it.  Practicing on this small piece gives me an idea of how I want to quilt the entire quilt, if I ever finish that one.  One day it will end up as a goal for ALYOF.


Here are my finished blocks for the Holiday Chic quilt along.  I decided to lay them all out on my quilt wall and I'm pleased with the progress.

In other quilting news for March, I finished my Broken Herringbone top and my Arts Walk top.  No pictures though, sorry.  I'm hoping to get some pictures at our next guild meeting and share them with you next week.


No comments: